What is Tempo?
Tempo is a membership program for both new and seasoned opera-goers ages 21-39. Your $50 Tempo membership includes exciting benefits to help you get acquainted with Minnesota Opera.
Ready to join?
Tempo Membership Benefits
As a Tempo member, you’ll enjoy:
- Savings of up to 76% off of opening night tickets.
- Invitations to Tempo Nights Out + After Parties.
- Discounts on Tempo events and Behind the Curtain education classes.
- Opportunities to meet the singers and creative team behind each production at select events.
Tempo Night Out Includes
- Up to two steeply discounted tickets for Minnesota Opera’s opening night performances. Purchase a 3-, 4- or 5-opera Tempo subscription and save even more! See pricing below.
- Opera Insights — free, fun and informative sessions held one hour before every show.
- Admittance to the members-only Tempo Intermission Lounge.
- Exclusive invitations to After Parties, where you can brush elbows with performers and other Tempo members in an entertaining and relaxed atmosphere.
Opening Night Single Ticket Prices
Buy 3 or More Operas and Save Even More!
|Choose 3 Operas||$80|
|Choose 4 Operas||$100|
|See All 5 Operas||$120|
To purchase Tempo tickets or opera packages, call the Minnesota Opera Ticket Office at 612-333-6669, M-F, 10am-5pm.
Tempo Special Events
Tempo has been building the next generation of opera-goers over the last decade through intimate, memorable and affordable experiences. Save the dates for our upcoming events!
- 10.21.14 – Tap into Tempo Join us for beer with a side of opera from some of our favorite singers! We’ll preview the upcoming Minnesota Opera season and sample beers from the brewmasters at Fulton Brewery.
- 11.11.14 The New Vintage Get a taste of the Twin Cities while sipping through a flight of wine with Minnesota Monthly Editor in Chief Rachel Hutton along with a guest panel of wine experts. Join Minnesota Monthly and Tempo at the Minnesota Opera Center from 6-8pm. Wine provided by Chuck Kanski of Solo Vino, eats provided by The Third Bird.
- 3.28.15 – Cabaret Minnesota Opera’s Resident Artists take you on a musical journey at the spectacular ARIA event center in the Warehouse District of Minneapolis. With its original brick walls and cavernous ceilings, ARIA combines old world elegance with new world chic – the perfect fit for this year’s Cabaret event! This will be the most imaginative event of the season. More info to come soon!
Tempo Nights Out + After Parties
Your Tempo tickets give you access to the exclusive Intermission Lounge and After Parties immediately following these performances. All After Parties are included in the price of your Tempo tickets and hosted by Sakura, except the season-opener Red Hot Gold Rush After Party.
- 9.20.14 – La fanciulla del West
- 11.1.14 - Hansel and Gretel
- 1.24.15 – The Elixir of Love
- 3.7.15 - The Manchurian Candidate
- 4.25.15 – Carmen (Sold Out)
- 5.2.15 – Carmen (Added Tempo performance! Please note: there will be no after party following this performance)
Tempo Happy Hour + Behind the Curtain
Meet up at a North Loop neighborhood hot spot for cocktails and nosh. Then head over to the Minnesota Opera Center just blocks away for Behind the Curtain. Get the inside scoop as opera experts and members of the cast and creative team lead discussions exploring the music, history and design of each opera. Behind the Curtain events are ideal for first-time opera goers and long-term fans alike. Please purchase your tickets ahead of time, these events sell out quickly.
- 9.8.14 – La fanciulla del West
- 10.13.14 – Hansel and Gretel
- 1.12.15 – The Elixir of Love
- 2.16.15 – The Manchurian Candidate
- 4.6.15 – Carmen
Admission: Cash bar and food available for purchase at happy hour locations. RSVP required via firstname.lastname@example.org. Behind the Curtain ticket $15/Tempo member, $35/general admission. Happy Hours begin at 5pm; Behind the Curtain events begin at 7pm.
Tempo Board of Directors and Committee Members
Ryan Alberg, Treasurer
Ben Canine, Membership Chair
Leslie Carey, Marketing Chair
Katie Eiser, Programming Co-chair
Jennifer Engel, Chair
Laura Green, Programming Co-chair
Karsten Jensen, Staff Liaison
Kristin Matejcek, Staff Liaison
Susan Nwoke Leppke
Chrissi Reimer, Secretary
Rhonda Skoby, Vice Chair