What is Tempo?
Tempo is a membership program for both new and seasoned opera-goers ages 21-39. Your $50 Tempo membership includes exciting benefits to help you get acquainted with Minnesota Opera.
Ready to join?
As a Tempo member, you’ll enjoy:
- Savings of up to 76% off opening night 3-, 4-, or 5-opera subscriptions.
- NEW! Tempo subscribers get free exchanges, subject to availability.
- Savings of up to 70% off tickets on select performance dates. See current dates below.
- Invitations to Tempo Nights Out.
- Discounts on Tempo events and Behind the Curtain previews.
- Opportunities to meet the singers and creative team behind each production at select events.
Tempo Night Out Includes:
- Up to two steeply-discounted tickets for select Minnesota Opera’s opening night performances, available in 3-, 4- or 5-opera packages as well as on a show-by-show basis. See pricing below.
- Opera Insights— free, fun and informative sessions held one hour before every show.
- Admittance to the members-only Tempo Intermission Lounge (opening nights only).
- Exclusive invitations to After Parties (as noted below) or happy hours prior to select performances.
To purchase Tempo tickets or opera packages, call the Minnesota Opera Ticket Office at 612-333-6669, M–F, 10am-5pm.
Tempo Performance Dates
NEW! Tempo has expanded performance dates eligible for the Tempo discount. Here are the current dates being offered to Tempo members (subject to change).
- Romeo & Juliet
- Saturday, September 24 at 8pm (opening night with After Party)
- Tuesday, September 27 at 7:30pm
- Das Rheingold
- Saturday, November 12 at 7:30pm (opening night with After Party)
- Tuesday, November 15 at 7:30pm
- Diana’s Garden
- Saturday, January 21 at 7:30pm (opening night with After Party)
- Saturday, January 28 at 7:30pm
- Dinner at Eight
- Saturday, March 11 at 7:30pm (opening night with After Party)
- Saturday, March 18 at 7:30pm
- La Bohème
- Saturday, May 6 at 7:30pm (opening night with After Party)
- Saturday, May 13 at 7:30pm (with After Party)
- Tuesday, May 16 at 7:30pm
- Thursday, May 18 at 7:30pm
- Performance dates eligible for the Tempo discount may sell out and additional performances may be added. Notifications of these changes will be sent via e-mail.
Tempo Special Events
Tempo has been building the next generation of opera-goers over the last decade through intimate, memorable, and affordable experiences.
- Ryan Taylor + Resident Artists Welcome Concert Friday, September 9
- Social Science: Eye Candy Thursday, October 6
- Brats, Brew, and Baritones Thursday, October 20
- Behind the Curtain: Romeo & Juliet Wednesday, September 14
- After Party: Romeo & Juliet Saturday, September 24
- Tempo Happy Hour Wednesday, November 2
- Behind the Curtain: Das Rheingold Wednesday, November 2
- After Party: Das Rheingold Saturday, November 12
- Behind the Curtain: Diana’s Garden Wednesday, January 11
- After Party: Diana’s Garden Saturday, January 21
- Tempo Happy Hour Wednesday, March 1
- Behind the Curtain: Dinner at Eight Wednesday, March 1
- After Party: Dinner at Eight Saturday, March 11
- Cabaret Saturday, April 8
- Behind the Curtain: La Bohème Wednesday, April 19
- After Party: La Bohème Saturday, May 6
- After Party: La Bohème Saturday, May 13
Connect with Tempo and Minnesota Opera
The Minnesota Opera Ticket Office
Tempo Board of Directors and Committee Members
Tempo represents the next generation of opera-goers and is vital to Minnesota Opera’s future success. If you would like to become more involved by volunteering, please consider joining the Tempo Board or a Committee of the Board.
2016–2017 Tempo Board applications are now being taken to fill a limited numbers of positions. Please complete the application and submit it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 29.
Tempo Board of Directors and Committee Members:
Thomas Bakken, Programming Chair
Eric Broker, Staff Liaison
Alexis DuPlessis, Secretary
Jennifer Engel, Chair
Kristin Matejcek, Staff Liaison
Faris Rashid, Treasurer
Chrissi Reimer, Membership Chair
Jana Sackmeister, Marketing Chair