Volunteer assistance is utilized in virtually every department of the company, as indicated below. Some activities occur on a regular basis, and others, such as special events and performances, vary by month. Volunteers may choose to help out with one project or commit to a full season of service. Internships are also available – visit …for more information. Some volunteers have special skills in one or two areas and others serve in a variety of capacities. Be sure to let us know what you enjoy doing most, and thank you for your support of Minnesota Opera!
Volunteer activities include:
- Production: Be a “stand-in” on stage during light cue sessions for each production.
- Education: Be a tour guide at the Opera Center in Minneapolis for adults and students alike, or act as a host for Behind the Curtain education classes.
- Administration: Use your office and computer skills to help the opera with mailing projects, archiving, switchboard operation, data entry, etc.
- Development: Be a host for special events, assist with department mailings or make annual thank-you calls to the opera’s supporters.
- Marketing: Assist patrons at our Opera Gift Shop in the lobby of Ordway Center during each opera performance.
Volunteers enjoy a variety of benefits corresponding to the number of hours they share. Please see the complete benefits listing to the left.
Current benefits include:
- Discounted tickets to opera productions
- Program acknowledgment
- Event participation
Access the key volunteer files below:
- Minnesota Opera Volunteer Handbook
- Minesota Opera Volunteer Benefits
- Minnesota Opera Volunteer Time Sheet
How do I get involved?
For information, contact Minnesota Opera at 612-342-9569 or fill out the form below: