1. How do I purchase a raffle ticket?
To purchase iPads® for Opera raffle tickets and/or tickets to the Cocktail Party, call the Minnesota Opera Ticket Office at 612-333-6669, M – F, 9am-6pm or visit the Minnesota Opera Ticket Office at 620 North First Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401. Raffle tickets may be purchased via debit card, cash or check only. Credit cards are not an acceptable form of payment. Raffle tickets do not qualify as a tax deductible donation. Winners will be contacted within a week of the drawing.
2. When will I receive my raffle ticket?
Raffle tickets take up to a week to be processed and mailed. Tickets purchased on or after Monday, September. 17 will be held at the Raffle table at Ordway on September 22.
3. Can my raffle ticket and Cocktail Party ticket purchase be made in one transaction?
4. How late may I purchase a raffle ticket before the event?
You may purchase your ticket anytime beginning Monday, July 23 through Friday, September 21 at 6pm. After that time, you may purchase a raffle ticket in person at the Ordway beginning at 6:30pm.
5. If I win, when will I receive my iPad®?
If you are present to win, you will receive your iPad® the evening of September 22. You may request to have the iPad® held at coat check during the performance. If you are not present, you may pick up the iPad® at the Minnesota Opera Center located at 620 North First Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401. iPads® must be picked up no later than October 1st. If you would prefer that the iPad® be shipped, please see notes on shipping – question number 6.
6. If I win, can the iPad® be shipped?
Minnesota Opera will ship the iPad® for a minimum fee of $25. If the cost to ship the iPad® exceeds $25, the additional amount will be added to the minimum fee.
7. How do I pay by check or cash?
You may make a check or cash payment by mail or in person. Please write "Raffle Ticket" in the memo line of your check and mail to: Minnesota Opera 620 North First Street, Minneapolis, MN 55401. Make checks payable to "Minnesota Opera". If the address on your check is different from the address you prefer the raffle ticket to be mailed, please indicate on a note the address of choice. Please note: If your personal check does not clear the bank, you will be charged the $25 raffle fee plus any additional fees incurred by Minnesota Opera. To pay with cash, please visit the Minnesota Opera Ticket Office (address above).
8. Can I purchase a raffle ticket or a ticket to the Opening Night Cocktail Party online?
No. Minnesota State Law requires all raffle transactions be managed via phone, in person, or by mail. Please call the Minnesota Opera Ticket Office at 612-333-6669, M – F, 9am-6pm. Raffle tickets may be purchased via debit card, cash or check only. All ticket purchases for the Opening Night Cocktail Party on September 22 must be purchased via phone by calling the Ticket Office, as well.
9. Can I purchase raffle tickets at the door on September 22?
Yes, raffle tickets will be available for sale at the Ordway from 6:30pm – 7:15pm on September 22.
10. Can I purchase Cocktail Party tickets at the door on September 22?
No, tickets must be purchased in advance through the Minnesota Opera Ticket Office. Tickets go off sale on Monday, September 17.
11. Is there a specific dress code for the evening?
Cocktail wear and formal attire is encouraged.
12. Is there coat check available at Ordway?
Yes. Ordway provides coat check for a fee.
13. Does Ordway provide valet services?
14. Will there be other beverages available for purchase during the Cocktail Party?
Yes. Ordway will have a full bar open throughout the Cocktail Party and through intermission of the Opera performance.
15. Is there an age requirement to attend the Cocktail Party?
No, however Ordway staff will comply by Minnesota State law when serving complimentary champagne and other alcoholic beverages.
Further Raffle Terms & Conditions
1. Minnesota Opera shall notify the winner within five 5 days of the Raffle.
2. In the event that the iPad® winner fails to respond within thirty 30 days, to the notification of his/her winning, such winning entrant shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her claim to such iPad® and Minnesota Opera shall not have any obligation whatsoever to compensate the winning entrant in any way.
3. Minnesota Opera's decision is final with respect to all matters relating to awarding of the iPad® and shall not be subject to review or appeal by any entrant or by any third party.
4. The iPad® is neither transferable nor exchangeable and cannot be exchanged for money or money's worth.
5. By entering the Raffle, each entrant unreservedly agrees to these terms and conditions which govern the Raffle and the awarding of the iPads®.
6. Minnesota Opera reserves the right to alter these terms and conditions at any time and in its sole discretion.
7. Minnesota Opera reserves the right, at any time, to cancel, modify or suspend the Raffle if, in its sole judgment, the Raffle is not capable of being conducted as specified.
8. All sales of tickets to this raffle are final and refunds will not be given, even in the event that refund is requested prior to the Raffle Date.