Imagine Opera in your classroom!
Opera Boxes – now online at www.imagineopera.org
Visit the Minnesota Opera's new education website for students and teachers.
can peek behind the curtain to learn how an opera is put onstage, as well as
watch the history of opera unfold
- Educators will find the Teacher's Guide area that includes numerous lesson plans ready to download that are aligned with state and national standards. Activities include creating a cultural timeline, acting out scenes from the opera learning how to write critically about a musical performance and more.
Teacher Guides that are available to download:
- The Italian Girl in Algiers (Rossini)
- Romeo and Juliet (Gounod)
- The Tales of Hoffmann (Offenbach)
- The Grapes of Wrath (Gordon)
- Tosca (Puccini)
- The Marriage of Figaro (Mozart)
- Carmen (Bizet)
- Don Giovanni (Mozart)
- The Magic Flute (Mozart)
- Rigoletto (Verdi)
- Nixon in China (Adams)
- La bohème (Puccini)
- La traviata (Verdi)
- Madame Butterfly (Puccini)
- The Abduction from the Seraglio (Mozart)
- The Barber of Seville (Rossini)
Additional resources are available for rent with each Teacher's Guide, such as …
- Full and Vocal Scores to each opera
DVDs and CDs with a Reference
and Tracking Guide coordinating all the
tracks to related pages in the vocal and full scores and in the lesson plans.
Books about the composer, the work and
opera in general.
site is growing and new items are being added all the time - so check back soon!
imagineopera is supported through a generous gift from Best Buy.