Minnesota Opera is proud to support Music Makes Us Whole!
- Music training stimulates nearly every region of the brain, strengthening those regions used for complex math and abstract-thinking skills.
- Students with 1+ year of high school music experience improve their ACT scores: 4% higher on Math and 7% higher on English.
- Music training can assist in creating a better learner and help reduce the achievement gap.
- Low-income students who took music lessons in grades 8-12 saw math, reading, history, geography and social skills soar by 40% compared to non-music students.
- Music students gain the skills employers most want of teamwork, communication, problem-solving.
- 83% of adults with incomes higher than $150,000 participated in music.
These real-world benefits, alongside the simple and profound gift of daily music-making in a child’s life, make music essential.
Learn more at musicmakesuswhole.org