Get the inside scoop! Behind the Curtain explores the music, history, and production of each opera. Each event, held at the Minnesota Opera Center in Minneapolis, will feature talks and informative discussions with members of the cast and creative team.
Behind the Curtain: The Marriage of Figaro will be led by University of Minnesota musicologist Peter Mercer-Taylor and Minnesota Opera Head of Music Allen Perriello with performances by Minnesota Opera Resident Artists Mary Evelyn Hangley, Christian Thurston, and Wm. Clay Thompson.
Here are the dates and times for our 2017-18 Season:
- Behind the Curtain: The Marriage of Figaro
- Wednesday, November 1 at 7pm
- Behind the Curtain: Dead Man Walking
- Wednesday, January 17 at 7pm
- Behind the Curtain: Rigoletto
- Wednesday, March 7 at 7pm
- Behind the Curtain: Thaïs
- Wednesday, April 25 at 7pm
Minnesota Opera Center
620 North First Street
Minneapolis, MN 55401
Tours of the Opera Center begin at 6:15pm. Behind the Curtain begins at 7pm.
- $15 / General Admission