BRAVO! Volunteer Corps
What can I do?
Volunteer assistance is utilized in virtually every department of the company, as indicated below. Some activities occur on a regular basis, and others, such as special events and conferences, vary from year to year. Volunteers may choose to help out with one project or commit to a full season of service. Internships are also available. Some volunteers have special skills in one or two areas and others serve in a variety of capacities. Be sure to let us know what you enjoy doing most!
- Production: Be a "stand-in" on stage during light cue sessions for each production.
- Education: Be a tour guide at the Opera Center in Minneapolis for adults and students alike, or act as a host for adult education classes.
- Administration: Use your office and computer skills to help the opera with mailing projects, switchboard operation, data entry, etc.
- Development: Be a host for special events, help with invitation mailings or make annual thank-you calls to the opera’s supporters.
- Marketing: Assist patrons at our Opera Gift Shop in the lobby of Ordway Center during each opera performance.
What will I get in return?
Volunteers enjoy a variety of benefits corresponding to the number of hours they share.
Current benefits include:
- Discounted tickets to opera productions
- Program acknowledgment
- Event participation
How do I get involved?
For information, contact the Minnesota Opera: 612-342-9569 or e-mail us: email@example.com or fill out the form at the bottom of the page.